Typical Sypnosis

Recently I have watched multiple music videos to give me inspiration for my own music video. There are particular shots and mise en scene I would like to try and replicate.



  • From Rihanna's music video 'What Now',  there are multiple overlaying shots which I found particularly effective and would therefore like to use.
  • There are also parts of the mise en scene I liked. This included the simple and colours of the costume Rihanna wears. They are not bright or bold however reflect the tone of the song.



  • There are many aspects of Beyonce's music video 'Halo' that I really liked. This included the colour grading of the video which effectively reflected the lyrics and tone of the song. 
  • Another aspect I liked was the the water scene. When looking at Beyonce's music videos she nearly always incorporates a scene in water and I especially found this effective. In the scene she is wearing a white dress which is made use of with the slow motion. 
  • I especially liked how the music video, is both performance and narrative. However, I really liked the dancing shots where she was wearing a basic dance leotard and tights.




  • Another one of Beyonce's music videos I was inspired by was 'Countdown'. In this music video there are many split screens, where Beyonce is wearing either different clothes, or in a different pose. I particularly liked this idea as I found it very visually effective. Although the tone of "countdown' is comparably different to 'What Now', I would still like to use this idea however perhaps at a different speed and using different poses.



  • Although Bruno Mars' music video 'Thats what I like' is very simple there were aspects of it which both Lauren and I found very unique. 
  • Throughout the music video moving animations pop up reflecting the lyrics in the song. I really liked this and would therefore like to try and incorporate something similar.  


  • Lauren and I aimed to replicate the first minute of this music video for our preliminary task. 
  • This music video is again very simple, however I found it very effective. The music video does not have a large variety of shots, being made up of only close up and mid shots.
  • Furthermore, I found the minimalist clothing very effective with the music video as a whole. 



  • Although Lauren and I don't want our music video to primarily be a dance video, we liked the idea of incorporating it into our video. 
  • Again the protagonist in video is wearing simple and basic clothing, forcing the audience to focus on the setting and dancing rather than the costumes and outfits.   


  • Recently I have been doing more research on music videos and found Selena Gomez's new music video. Although I found the video itself quite unconventional and unusual I really liked one shot in particular. The shot is a high angle close up shot of Selena Gomez, where the audience can see she shadow of her hand against the sun. I hadn't seen a shot similar to this and would therefore like to recreate something similar. 


  • One of the most recent videos which I was inspired by was Miley Cyrus's 'Malibu'. I liked the amount of varied shots. This included the close ups of her singing, long shots of dancing and even establishing shots of the beach.
  • However one aspect I liked was the overlaying of bright colours of more dull monotone colours. The brightness of the balloons really contrasted with light colour grading over the screen, making the shot very visually effective.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post!

Text on my magazine advert